Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lessons learned the last few days...

It has not been easy these past few days.  I think it was because of so many reasons.  I have been through a lot myself and learned a few lessons on the way.  But these last couple days, these lessons have been reaffirmed by recent experiences of mine or others close to me.

My older sister has gone through tough times more than ten years ago.  And I see this happening to a friend of mine now.  It for sure is a hard time for both parties.  I learned that my parents may not seem to be right at the time i am going through my experiences, but along the way, I have found that my parents were right.  They want what's best for their kids.  A reaffirmation of this lesson was that of what happened just yesterday.  Kohath took his nap around 11am and i had to go downstairs to do a load of laundry.  then I hear Kohath crying..so i ran upstairs...only to find him on the third step of our stairs crying.  Then I felt so bad that I was not there to protect him.  I was not careful enough.  I should be the mom who knows best for my child.  I should be the one who keep my son away from harm...and to see my son away from the bed...on the stairs...I knew I needed to be more careful.  

Being a parent is not an easy task.  Even being a wife is tough.  When I was younger, I thought it was always easy for my parents because all they did was work and give us a home, clothes, food...and everything was ok.  It was always easy...but now that I am a parent myself, it is far from easy.  It is hard work and it takes effort, patience and unconditional love to be a spouse and a parent.  I am just thankful that I have learned so much from my past experiences.

I have also learned how much Kamille loves his son.  He will do everything to protect Kohath. 
It has been great to know that I have a son that needs me and a husband that cares.  I would have to say that I have a good marriage and a good life ahead of me because of all the good choices I was able to make throughout this experience.  Without friends and family who supported and guided us, we will not be where we are right now.

Anyways...so much lessons learned so little time to write about it...and so few words to explain how I am feeling right now.  Needless to say, even if we think we know what we want and what is right, sometimes our choices may not be in the right track, but with the help of friends and family who loves us and wants us to live the good life..accompanied with making our own choices...and of couse with the help of our HF...we will be guided.

No comments: