Friday, February 13, 2009

Where my strength came from...

There was a time in my life when I made wrong choices.  I grew up in the church, taught correct values, raised by parents who guided me in the right path and in the gospel.  But then, in life, we come to a point where we make our own choices.  We will be with people who influence us either for good or bad.  I was in High School and had friends who influenced me away from what I have been raised.  I made wrong choices...I found myself doing things that I now regret.  Aside from high school mistakes, I did some more mistakes that had major consequences...However, I had help...I found out who my true friends were ...My family were my strength.  They accepted me for who I am, for the things I have done, and for who I can become.  

My family gave me the support I needed to be able to pick up the pieces, stand tall, and start a new life.  Without their support, I would have not been able to go to BYUH and finish school, serve a full time mission, get married in the temple and be the person who the Lord wanted me to be.  Now, I am a mother to Kohath, i can say that I am a better mother to him because of all the good and bad experiences I was able to overcome.  I know that the Lord tries and tests us throughout this life that we may know for ourselves the truth of all things necessary for us to return to His presence, and be an influence to our posterity for good.  

Knowing my potential and what I can become has helped me be stronger.  I know that I can be who the Lord wants me to be if I make good choices.  But I can only do so if I know my potential and am strong to withstand temptation.  Thanks to my hubby for being a continuous example and support to me, I am reminded every now and then...

 

No comments: