Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Married life...



At an early age, 19 to be exact, i was able to find a true love. My true love.  It was a roaller coaster ride but it was a great experience.  Kamille and I first met when we were 12 at a youth conference and it was funny because after that youth conference, his mom tried to match us up.  After a while...we found ourselves meeting at an institute event and finally being friends.   We really started as friends and then more than friends but not yet lovers....after a short time, We both realized that we felt more for each other.  

On the 28th of December 2001, we were able to spend time together, and after we got home from that friendly date, we both realized that we wanted more...we wanted to have more.  On the 29th of December, about 2 am i told him i love him.  It was great.  I had butterflies...

It was not always fun and games.  We had so many oppositions.  My parents wanted us to serve missions and finish our education.  It was hard at first, but we were able to get through tough times.  We were able to go on our missions, and finish school.  We decided to get married April 26, 2007.   We just got back from our missions, had no money, and had no family in Hawaii to support us with the wedding.  But we had to decide what we wanted to do and we went for it.

It was hard...life was not easy...But kamille was there for me throughout the process.  We laughed and cried and had arguments and great talks.  But through it all we ended up being able to do what we wanted and had the life we always wished for.  I would have to admit, it was the hardest year that has passed.  Kamille had to leave for his internship to the mainland after 10 days of getting married.  I found out I was pregnant while kamille was away.  I had morning sickness all the time.  I had to get my mom to take care of koko the first three months.  We ended up moving to California for Kamille's work.  I was not able to work for a lot of reasons.  We had to live within our means because we had to make sure that we had something for a rainy day.  There are so much more to the complications of life, but there's too little space to tell you everything that has happened.  

But through the hardships kamille and I have gone through, I only know that we are much better people, parents and friends.  We came to realize that as long as we have each other we can be a good influence to our son Kohath Liam.  After all, getting married and having our own family is a blessing in itself.  Kohath Liam is truly a gift from Heaven.  

At the end of the day, I look back at my life and never regret the things i have always wanted to do and was able to accomplish.  Thanks to parents who raised me with integrity and dignity, i was able to prove others wrong, especially myself.  I love married life...and so should anyone thinking of getting married.  It will not be easy but for sure worth everything in this world...or even more.


2 comments:

Carl and Jerevie said...

alright! keep them coming! :) love you te yvonne!

muchodinero said...

ehem who took the pictures na nga??